Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Application Timeline

So here's the timeline of what my entire Peace Corps Application process was like. I suppose its pretty typical, not too long, not too short. It definitely taught me a bunch of patience...although I'll admit there were times where Peace Corps Wiki did not help the waiting process, no matter how many "theories" you can devise about the system of maybe when they might get to releasing a country that you might possibly go to, and when you might find out, forget it, it's actually impossible, don't try. So here it is.

• 1/27/09 – Peace Corps Interview
• 2/2/09 – Nominated for Secondary Education-Science Africa Region for Jan 2010
• 3/19/09 – All Medical/Dental forms Submitted
• 3/23/09 - Dental Clearance
• 5/29/09 - Medical Clearance
couple months of waiting
• 9/16/09 – request from PC for updated resume and skills addenda
• 9/28/09 – submitted final updated resume and skills addenda
• 11/17/09 – Phone call from Placement officer to discuss change of nomination
• 11/21/09 – Received Invitation Packet

And here's some pictures of the long awaited Invitation Packet (aka lots of lengthy forms...)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'm nominated for Business Advising in SSA leaving June 2010! I've passed all the clearances so I'm just waiting to hear from my PO. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete